Grease fire damages restaurant on Plank Road

2 months ago WBRZ 0

BATON ROUGE – Firefighters say a grease fire spread into a vent system inside a restaurant on Plank Road Thursday night.

BRFD responded to “Wings and More” just before 8:00 p.m. Investigators believe the the fire was sparked by a build up of grease in the vent system over a fryer.

Fire damage was contained to the vent system while the rest of the restaurant suffered smoke and water damage.

No one was injured in the fire. 

Firefighters are estimating $25,000 in damages.